Talented Georgia from Stevenage cooks up a treat for food guru Jamie Oliver at Fifteen restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Stevenage has been cooking up a storm during a work experience stint at a famous TV chef’s restaurant in London.
Georgia Sambridge joined the kitchen crew at Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen restaurant – and was such a talented grafter they’ve already asked her back.
The 15-year-old, who is a pupil at the North Herts Education Support Centre in Hitchin’s Bancroft, has set her sights on a cuisine career. She was one of a squad of catering students from the unit who visited Fifteen – which Jamie set up to help young hopefuls who might otherwise struggle to make a start on a kitchen career – for a workshop back in January.
She also completed a day shift in the busy kitchen in March and made such a good impression she was invited back for a far busier evening shift, which she completed with flying colours.
Teacher Kate Robinson said: “We’re so proud of Georgia. She’s worked so hard and is really keen to have a career in catering.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully the experience will have helped her when she sat her GCSE catering exam.
“She’s been offered the opportunity to spend more time at Fifteen and they’re very keen to keep in touch with her.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
“Georgia’s looking for a catering apprenticeship in our area once she leaves school – we just wish Fifteen was a little bit closer to us.”
And, during the Year 11 pupil’s time with the Hoxton enterprise, Jamie visited the site for a meeting, which meant Georgia had a chance to meet the inspirational food guru – even making a dish his group ate.
Kate added: “Georgia spent a lot of time in the pastry section, making a dish of caramelised filo pastry, raspberry and cream cheese, with a beetroot syrup.
“She also loved the fact before service started they sat down and had spaghetti bolognaise together. She told me: ‘It was the best bolognese I’ve ever had!’”