Talented businesswoman Lisa’s new range for the pool is full of female support after testing the water in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve been inspired by the success of our GB Olympians – in particular Adam Peaty and Jazz Carlin in the swimming – and fancy a trip to your local pool but haven’t got any kit then a great new Hitchin business may be just for you.
Blackfish Swimwear – Olympic inspired swimwear for women – is a new online business which has just been launched by Lisa Montague.
The forward-thinking swimwear brand offers a product range designed to be affordable and accessible to women of all sizes.
Owner and founder Lisa told the Comet: “The idea came about when I was given a full-body Olympic swimsuit a couple of years ago.
“When I put it on I was amazed at how fabulous it made me look, the way it sculpted my body and smoothed out my silhouette – the effect was instant.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t believe how confident it made me feel.
“After swimming in it for a few weeks I noticed how the muscular compression nature of the fabric helped tone up my body really quickly.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“My first thought was why can’t this type of swimwear be accessible to all women?
“My next thought was, what if it were possible to create swimwear with all the advantages of these technologically superior fabrics and make it affordable for every woman?”
And now it is with Lisa’s Blackfish Swimwear available in three styles, in a series of separates from beach shorts to swim leggings to suit your body.
The swimwear, with it’s muscular compression fabric and precision cut nature, gives a streamlined fit instantly making the person feel more sporty than they would feel in a regular swimsuit – as it supports, controls and flatters the contours of your body.
“Before you even get into the water, you feel confident – whether you’re striding down the beach or heading from the lounger to the pool,” said Lisa.
“I’m a regular swimmer at Hitchin Swimming Centre – so I’ve been busy testing running prototypes there.
“We feel there’s been a real gap out there in the market for swimwear that makes you feel confident and look good whether you are a regular swimmer or play volleyball on the beach or chase the kids in the waves.
“Our aim was to create swimwear taking all the advantages of competitive swimwear, making it accessible and affordable to every woman.”
To find out more visit the www.blackfishswimwear.com website or you can email their customer service department on firstname.lastname@example.org.