Swap your spare time for care time
A CHARITY is appealing for people to volunteer at one of its centres.
Sue Ryder Care Home in Stagenhoe is asking people to give up just a few hours a week at its centre, which cares for people living with neurological illnesses.
In particular, it need gardeners, drivers, people with computer skills, and those who work in the entertainment industry.
“We need people who would like to give some one-to-one time, befriending, reading or maybe just having a chat and cup of tea,” said volunteer Jackie Somers.
“Or for instance, would you take one of our residents to a football match, a trip to the cinema or, could you attend and assist at a fund raising event.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone has a particular skill and can spare some time, no matter how little or how much, we are very keen to hear from you.”
Training will be provided for those interested in helping.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01438 871215.