Suspended sentence for unlicensed motorist who drove off after Letchworth crash
- Credit: Archant
An unlicensed motorist who drove away after a crash on the edge of Letchworth has been given a suspended sentence.
Miles Connors, of Woodland Way in Baldock, also lacked insurance when his improper driving in Wilbury Road and Arlesey New Road led to the crash on April 22.
And on Wednesday, Stevenage magistrates chaired by Keith Smith sentenced 36-year-old Connors to 16 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, as well as banning him from the road for a year.
Connors was at the wheel of a blue VW Golf when it was in collision with a blue Peugeot in Arlesey New Road – but rather than stop to give his details, he drove away.
He pleaded guilty to driving without a licence, insurance or due care and attention, as well as failing to stop after a crash, at the same hearing before magistrates on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the suspended sentence and driving ban, Connors will be subject to an electronically monitored curfew from 7pm to 7am daily until August 8.
He must also pay £85 costs and £115 surcharge.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision