Suspects escape after Letchworth car chase and dog pursuit
- Credit: Archant
Two suspects escaped custody last night after a brief car chase through Letchworth followed by a pursuit on foot involving police dogs.
Police said the light blue Vauxhall Corsa – which road policing officers suspected was uninsured – failed to stop in Stotfold Road, between Letchworth and Fairfield Park, at about 9.16pm.
The car made off into Letchworth and came to a stop in Wilbury Road, where two male occupants got out and ran into the woods at Norton Common.
Officers and the Beds, Cambs and Herts Dog Unit searched the woods and the nearby Grange estate but did not locate the pair.
The road policing unit said in a tweet at 10.30pm last night that the dogs “had a great track”, but lost the suspects after they made it over a 6ft fence to a residential area.
You may also want to watch:
Police have seized the Corsa and are now making enquiries to trace its two occupants.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack