Suspected thief arrested after being picked up by police loitering outside Stevenage homes
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old Hatfield man has been charged after he was found loitering outside properties in Stevenage carrying bags allegedly full of stolen property.
Robert Chubb, of Goldings Crescent in Hatfield, was stopped in Stevenage’s Valley Way at around 2.45am yesterday morning by officers carrying out a routine patrol of the area.
They had observed him behaving suspiciously around some of the properties in the road, and he was found to be in possession of a number of bags of items.
The 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of theft and taken into custody at Stevenage Police Station.
He was subsequently charged with being in possession of stolen property under the Proceeds of Crime Act and appeared at Hatfield Remand Court later that day.
You may also want to watch:
He was granted bail and is due to return to Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on January 8.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'