Suspected drink driver arrested after police chase from A507 into Arlesey – as second man escapes
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drunk driver was arrested in Arlesey last night after a police chase starting on the A507.
The van failed to stop when signalled to pull over by officers near Arlesey at about 1.15am, with officers pursuing the vehicle into town.
Two men jumped out of the car in House Lane and fled on foot.
One, a 32-year-old man from Flitwick – believed by police to have been at the wheel – was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving under the influence of drink or drugs, and failing to stop.
The second man made off from the scene and escaped arrest.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that could assist the police should call 101, quoting incident 20 of July 4.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you won’t need to go to court.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home