Suspected class A drug dealer arrested in Letchworth raid
- Credit: Archant
Officers arrested a suspected class A drug dealer when they carried out a raid in Letchworth on Friday morning.
Police entered a home in Monklands at about 9am and seized what are thought to be class A drugs and drug-taking equipment.
A 34-year-old woman from Letchworth was arrested on suspicion of class A drug possession and intent to supply.
She was released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage police station on October 29.
PC Caroline Fathers, who led the operation, said: “Drug related crime in Letchworth is low and to keep it that way we are determined to deal robustly with anyone believed to be involved in such offences.
You may also want to watch:
“Through our own investigations and information from the public, we can work together to keep Letchworth safe and I would therefore strongly encourage people to always report suspicious activity to us should they come across it.”
Crime or suspicious activity can be reported through the non-emergency number 101, or 999 if an offence is in progress. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain