Suspected Bedfordshire handbag thief charged
A SUSPECTED handbag thief has been charged by Bedfordshire Police, on the direction of the Crown Prosecution Service.
Darren Prince, 29, of Langford, has been charged with two counts of theft and two counts of making off without payment of fuel.
He was released on police bail to appear at Bedford Magistrates Court on March 3.
Prince was arrested by members of Biggleswade Safer Neighbourhood Team on Tuesday (Feb 8) following handbag thefts in Manor Close, Langford and Clifton Road, Henlow, that afternoon.
Another man was arrested but what was released on police bail pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about handbag thefts can contact the Biggleswade Safer Neighbourhood Team, in confidence, on 01234 841212 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030