Suspected arsonists strike again at derelict Letchworth factory
- Credit: Archant
SUSPECTED arsonists have struck a derelict factory for the second time this month.
Fire crews were called to a blaze at the derelict GWK factory in Blackhorse Road, Letchworth GC, last night (Wednesday).
It is the second time this month, with another suspected arson attack at the site on February 6.
Crews from Letchworth GC and Stevenage tackled the blaze, after being scrambled to the scene just after 7.40pm. They were at the site for more than an hour.
Police were also informed, due to the belief the fire may have been started deliberately.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell