Suspected arson attack in Letchworth
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched by police after two cars and two garages were ablaze during the early hours of Saturday morning.
Emergency services were called to Grange Road in Letchworth GC at about 3.05am after reports that two garages were on fire.
The blaze is believed to have started sometime between 2.40am and 3am after a silver Toyota Yaris - situated outside the garages - was set alight, with the fire spreading to two nearby garages and a blue Ford Mondeo.
Firefighters used two jets to tackle the fire, which was declared out by 4.50am.
Police are treating the incident as suspicious and are keen to speak to a man seen in the area around the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw this man and can describe him, or if you know who he could be, contact investigating officer DC Will Ainsworth on the police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home