Support The Comet’s 2011 Christmas Toy Appeal
WITH Christmas just around the corner, we are asking you to make a difference to a child in need.
The Comet has teamed up with Herts Police, North Herts District Council and Stevenage Borough Council to promote our Toy Appeal 2011.
All you need to do is purchase a new gift which is unwrapped and present it to a number of collection points. The gifts will find their way to a child to open on Christmas day.
Commenting on the latest appeal, Comet deputy editor Steve Langbridge said: “We are delighted to team up with the police and councils to support this very worthwhile cause. It would be great to feel that we can make a difference to a child at this time of year and providing an unwrapped gift is such an easy thing to do.”
All toys will be given to youngsters in the Stevenage and North Herts area whose families are facing difficulty.
You may also want to watch:
Gifts can be handed in at The Comet office, Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage; to Tracey Frost at Stevenage Borough Council, Danestreet, Stevenage; and the Customer Service Centre, North Herts District Council, Gernon Road, Letchworth GC.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision