Support the Baldock Beast runners
- Credit: citizenside.com
COME and cheer on a record number of runners is the plea from organisers ahead of a half marathon on Sunday.
More than 500 people will set off at 10am for the second ever Baldock Beast Half Marathon and the town centre manager has urged everyone to lend their support.
Setting off from the outskirts of Baldock in Old Wallington Road, the 13.1-mile countryside route takes in the villages of Wallington and Sandon before returning via Clothall Common.
A barbecue with meat supplied by Chapman’s Butchers will be on offer at the start/finish line, as well as Indian food from Yuva Fine Cuisine and tea and coffee.
Hot drinks will also be served at viewing points at Wallington Hall, where runners can be seen after two and 10 miles, and Sandon School, which runners will pass after five and seven miles.
You may also want to watch:
“The number of entries in just our second year has been great so hopefully everyone will be out in force to cheer the runners round,” said Baldock town centre manager Murray Fastier.
“We have over 500 entrants so the beginning will be pretty impressive watching the runners disappear over the first hill.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“The atmosphere at the finish point on the Old Wallington Road when the runners return will also be fantastic if last year is anything to go by.”
For more information about the race, organised by the Baldock Town Partnership in conjunction with North Herts Road Runners, visit www.baldocktown.co.uk