‘Support’s the most important thing’ – Letchworth woman who lost more than half her body weight set to lead Slimming World group in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old Letchworth woman who lost more than eight stone in 18 months is set to lead her own slimming group in Baldock to help others replicate her success.
Sarah Phelan, of Chatterton, tipped the scales at 16 stone at the age of 16 and felt trapped in a cycle of over-eating and misery, but now weighs less than half of that after she started slimming last year.
Now she’s hoping as consultant of her own Slimming World group she’ll be able to help others get the same kind of results she did.
“I had always been overweight – the chubby child who grew into an obese teenager,” she said.
“I would avoid going to parties or just hanging out with friends in public, finding any excuse not to go.
You may also want to watch:
“I could only dream of wearing fashionable clothes – you know, getting dressed up in dresses and heels. I remember being on holiday and sitting on the beach under an umbrella in my jeans and a baggy top. I was the ‘fat friend’, I was rock bottom, I was desperately unhappy.
“Support’s the most important thing. It all starts with feeling you’re not alone. I’ll be there to support every one of my members all the way to their chosen target weight.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Sarah’s group will meet at 7.30pm on Mondays at the United Reformed Church in Baldock, starting on September 5. For more call 07875 286190 or just come on opening night.