Support needed for charity show
A VARIETY show in aid of charity needs support to make it a roaring success and raise much needed cash for three worthwhile causes. Barry Bristow, of Prestatyn Close, Stevenage, is putting on a performance at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, next Febr
A VARIETY show in aid of charity needs support to make it a roaring success and raise much needed cash for three worthwhile causes.
Barry Bristow, of Prestatyn Close, Stevenage, is putting on a performance at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, next February and proceeds will go to the Alzheimer's Society, Prostate Cancer Charity and Cancer Research UK.
Mr Bristow said: "My father died of prostate cancer in 2004 and the following year my mother died after suffering from Alzheimer's.
"I think a huge number of people are affected by these illnesses and they are all worthwhile causes."
Acts already on board for the show include the Stevenage Male Voice Choir, the John Elton Experience and children from Stevenage will also be street dancing, but more are needed.
The event already has sponsors, including the Stevenage branch of Nationwide, but more support is also needed to make the show go with a bang.
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
Mr Bristow, who is also organising three raffles, is looking for sponsorship from businesses as well as donations and raffle prizes from companies and the public.
If you can help in any way or have any suggestions for the show, email Barry at email@example.com
A donation can be made at any Nationwide branch by quoting reference number 0602703656285, account number 33333334 and sort code 07 00 93.