Supplier of locally sourced food set to close
A LEADING supplier of locally sourced consumables and organic food is set to close its doors for the last time on Saturday due to “pressure from supermarkets”.
The Food Barn, in Willian, is situated near The Fox and made its name by providing high quality produce over the past two years.
James Nye, managing director of Anglian Country Inns, who own The Food Barn, said: “We’ve been under a lot of pressure from supermarkets where people can buy food cheaper and more easily.”
The Food Barn contacted their customers to pass on the news via email and stressed it is a “very difficult decision after a very enjoyable but hard few years.”
Locally sourced food will still be served in the nearby pub and the shops produce will still be available from other stockists.
You may also want to watch:
A small fishmongers will be opened on the site in the near future after The Food Barn closes after its last day of trading on October 16.
In the email sent to his clients, James Nye thanked his staff and customers.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
He said: “A special thank you to you, our loyal customers, for your amazing support. We have immensely enjoyed running The Food Barn and bringing you the best in seasonal local produce.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank Simon Taylor who has admirably managed The Food Barn project and also our very loyal staff Marc, Adam, Ann and Tash who have all worked so very hard.”