Super Sophia, 6, calls on community to support her in quest to help animals who need a home
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old girl from Biggleswade who already has aspirations to be a vet is calling on the community to support her in her quest to help animals who are in need of a home.
Sophia Tailor will be hosting a birthday party called The Paw in July, but instead of asking for presents from her friends and family, she wants them to make a donation to Biggleswade-based charity Rehoming Animals Telephone Service.
The charity – which operates throughout Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire – relies on donations to carry on rehoming animals in the area, and Sophia wants to raise £1,000 for the cause.
Sophia, who attends St Andrew’s Lower School in Brunts Lane, said: “When I grow up I want to be a vet and I want to open a home for homeless kittens and puppies so I can look after them and help them.
“I really love animals and it upsets me when they don’t have homes or aren’t treated well.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we adopted a little kitten called Bella who didn’t have a home and she is very happy now living with me and my family.
“But I can’t stop thinking about other poor animals that aren’t as lucky as Bella and don’t have homes and food.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
“Because of this I really want to help them.
“I will be very happy and grateful to anyone who can support me in helping animals.”
Mum Oxana Tailor said: “Sophia is in love with all animals, especially cats and dogs.
“She loves watching animal rescue documentaries and is always saying that when she grows up she will be a vet and open a home for homeless animals.
“It was because of Sophia’s initiative that we adopted Bella and Sophia wants to help other animals too.”
You can donate to the charity by visiting www.rats-animalrescue.co.uk or visit Sophia’s fundraising page by searching for Oxana Tailor at www.justgiving.com.