'Super-mum' sheds more than 100lbs
A WOMAN from Comet country is celebrating after managing to shed more than 100lbs. Julia Ellis, 36, from Burwick Close, Stevenage decided to lose weight after suffering from back problems. She tipped the scales over 19st when she started going along to a
A WOMAN from Comet country is celebrating after managing to shed more than 100lbs.
Julia Ellis, 36, from Burwick Close, Stevenage decided to lose weight after suffering from back problems.
She tipped the scales over 19st when she started going along to a Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday mornings at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre and managed to lose 104lb in just over a year.
Now her Weight Watchers group have named her a "super mum".
You may also want to watch:
Mum-of-two Julia, now a trim 11st 9lb, said: "Not only do I not have back pains after losing all my weight and feel more confident but I now find it easier to keep up with the kids.
"I actually felt my health improving and as time went on, I increased my exercise and fitness.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"This was great as it meant I could play games with my children and I really feel that we have all benefited.
"In fact, since losing the weight I am a new woman, the children love the change in me, I am much more outgoing and they really do think I am their super mum."
Weight Watchers leader Fiona Cookland said: "Julia has done amazingly well.
"We voted her 'super mum' in our meeting because she is a great example to many as someone who has looked after her family, but still taken time to look after herself.