Sunshine success for Stevenage strollers
- Credit: Archant
Children and their parents enjoyed a sunshine stroll on Saturday, and raised money for a good cause at the same time.
The youngsters from Busy Bees nursery in Great Ashby walked around Stevenage’s Fairlands Valley Park with their parents to raise money for the Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity which supports children who suffer from a serious illness, live in poverty or have no family to support them.
Lisa Stevens, who manages the Whitehorse Lane-based nursery said: “The parents said it went really well. It was nice for them to meet other parents as well as raising lots of money for charity.
“The kids really enjoyed it, especially the picnic afterwards. They were all running around and having lots of fun.”
Lisa is hoping the walk beat last year’s total of £600.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a good turnout but we won’t know how much money we’ve raised until everyone’s got back to us and it’s all collected in,” she said.
“I’m hoping to beat last year’s total but either way it was a fantastic day and a great way to raise money for a worthy cause.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'