Sunnyside School Christmas Fayre
A school s Christmas fayre raised over £1,000 towards a new minibus. The event at Sunnyside School, Biggleswade, in fact raised £1,312.65 towards the school s target of £19,000 they will need to buy a Lord s Taverners minibus. The school for special needs
A school's Christmas fayre raised over £1,000 towards a new minibus.
The event at Sunnyside School, Biggleswade, in fact raised £1,312.65 towards the school's target of £19,000 they will need to buy a Lord's Taverners minibus.
The school for special needs children is desperate for a new bus to take pupils on trips and to events with other schools.
Next year the campaign will take on board a number of fund-raising events in an attempt to raise the cash needed as quickly as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Irene Rawlings, chairman of the Sunnyside Parents and Friends Association, said: "Our current bus is very old and has broken down so we are working hard to raise £19,000 to buy a Lord's Taverners bus.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed