Sunday morning walkies helps air ambulance as Stevenage event steps up to support charity
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners from across the county gathered on Sunday morning to take part in an inaugural 5km charity walk which raised £1,140 to support the life-saving Herts Air Ambulance!
More than 100 dogs and their owners took part in a “doggy warm-up” led by dog behaviourist and trainer Adam Fehmi before parading off through the meadows, woodland and lakes at Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage.
With a goody bag filled with yummy treats on offer to each entrant, the event was enjoyed by both dogs and owners. Pre-registered walkers were also given a free gift for their canine friend – a gold name tag stamped with the emblem of the Heli Hounds event.
One of the walkers, Barbara Barnes, said: “We had a lovely walk. We really enjoyed the day. It was so well organised.”
The start of the walk was marked with a giant balloon arch, which was sponsored and made by The Balloon Room of Stevenage. The event was also sponsored by furniture installation specialists Peter Makewell Installations of Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust volunteer manager Jen Wall said: “What a fantastic first Heli Hounds dog walk for Herts! We had so many dogs and people take part - everyone was so happy to raise funds for us.
“Many thanks to our sponsors, The Balloon Room and PMI, and to the staff of Fairlands Valley Park for helping us make this a fantastic event. It was a huge success and we can’t wait for next year.”
For more information about Herts Air Ambulance visit www.HertsAirAmbulance.uk.com.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed