Summer reunion will help meet the cost of restoring an iconic Hitchin clock tower
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin school is holding a reunion in July to raise money for the repair of its iconic clock tower.
Wilshere Dacre Junior Academy on Fishponds Road is inviting as many former pupils as possible to come along to the big get-together.
Head Sarah Smith said: “Our school is 86 years old and we’re opening our doors to any former pupils, staff or anyone who is interested in the history of the school.
“There will be the chance to meet old friends and take a tour of the school led by the current pupils, as well as a chance to look at memorabilia and old photographs of the school, with the chance to buy copies of photographs.
“There will also be entertainment from the school choir and refreshments will be available, too.”
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon event will run from 2pm to 4pm and admission to the reunion, on Saturday, July 4, will be £3.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?