Summer ball raises �1,400 for Stevenage charity
A SUMMER ball has helped raise �1,400 for Stevenage Community Trust (SCT). A cheque was presented to the charity, which provides grants for groups and organisations in Stevenage and the surrounding area, yesterday (Wednesday) following The Chief Constable
A SUMMER ball has helped raise �1,400 for Stevenage Community Trust (SCT).
A cheque was presented to the charity, which provides grants for groups and organisations in Stevenage and the surrounding area, yesterday (Wednesday) following The Chief Constable's Summer Ball in Hatfield.
Police officers, staff, family and friends helped raise the funds at the ball, with a raffle, auctions, donations and ticket sales.
Chief Constable Frank Whiteley said: "I am delighted we have been able to award this worthy charity funds, especially after such a fantastic event.
You may also want to watch:
"Stevenage Community Trust is helping to secure safety, justice and reassurance for all by funding life-changing projects, events, and helping people who are in need.
"With the money raised from the ball, we have been able to help them continue their valuable work in providing for our communities."
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
The Chief Constable's Ball is held every 18 months. There have been three balls so far which have raised almost �15,000 for charity.
June Oldroyd, director of the SCT, said: "These funds will have an enormous impact on the charity and will really help us to provide grants for project and events in the Stevenage area.
"It's really nice to be recognised for our work by Hertfordshire Constabulary and we are extremely grateful for their support."
The charity provides grants of up to �2000. Anyone interested in getting an application form should visit www.sct.uk.net