Students win award at Ashwell and Baldock Karate Club
- Credit: Archant
Two young boys received student of the year awards at their karate club.
Archie Jones and Edward Fish, both aged seven, were awarded the Ashwell and Baldock Karate Club (ABKC) 2013 Student of the Year Trophy, an award that is normally only received by one person.
Mandi Dhillon, the club’s secretary, said: “We normally only give out one award each year so everyone was really surprised when two people received it. It was fantastic, the kids were thrilled and the parents really enjoyed it.”
Now in its third year, the ABKC won a local karate tournament against neighbouring clubs this summer, despite being relatively smaller than its rivals with around 20 members.
The club trains every Sunday at 10.30am at Ashwell Village Hall and for a limited period new members get a free karate suit on enrolment.
You may also want to watch:
For information please contact Sensei Dhillon on 01462 679105 or email email@example.com
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction