Students celebrate love of reading at North Herts Book Awards
- Credit: Archant
Eight schools across Stevenage and North Herts have come together to celebrate their enjoyment of reading at Baldock’s Knights Templar School.
Students from Highfield, St Francis’ College, St Christopher, and Fearnhill schools in Letchworth, The Nobel School in Stevenage and Hitchin Girls’ and The Priory schools in Hitchin attended the annual North Herts Books Awards.
Following an in-depth discussion of the books the students and school librarians vote for their favourite book from the selection and the winning author is invited to speak at the following year’s event. This year’s winner author was Lucy Adlington for her novel ‘The Red Ribbon’.
The Highfield School librarian Ms Linford said: “I’m delighted that our group of librarians continue to organise this event every year.
“I can’t wait for next year’s event and to help start selecting a shortlist of books for everyone to start reading.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s winner Miriam Moss, author of ‘The Girl on the Plane’ joined the session to give a guest presentation.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed