Students at Hitchin school targeted by thieves
- Credit: Archant
Students at a secondary school have been targeted by thieves who have stolen mobile phones and wallets.
The alleged thefts occurred at around 11am on Thursday, June 19 at the Hitchin Boys’ School on Grammar School Walk.
It is alleged whilst four students were taking part in a sports lesson the offender(s) entered the changing room in the sports hall and stole a number of items including a black iPhone 4S, a black Samsung Galaxy Ace, a Samsung Galaxy, an iPhone4 and two wallets.
A 16-year-old boy from Hitchin has been arrested on suspicion of theft and is currently on police bail until July 25.
PC Puneet Netar is investigating the incident and said: “Although we have made an arrest, I would like to hear from anyone who saw anything or anyone suspicious in or around the grounds of the school at the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“If you remember seeing anything of this nature please contact me straight away via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, citing crime reference G1/14/1490. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine