Stroke survivor Sue judges at national awards night
A STROKE survivor said she was “honoured” after being asked to judge a star-studded national awards ceremony last week.
Sue Ross, who suffered two strokes at 26, was chosen as a judge for The Stroke Association’s annual Life After Stroke Awards on Thursday in London’s Claridge’s Hotel.
Joined by celebrities including X Factor contestant and I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! 2010 winner Stacey Soloman and Loose Women star Lynda Bellingham, the Hitchin resident attended six years after winning the Adult Courage Award at the 2005 ceremony.
Speaking afterwards, she said: “I was very honoured because getting my award made me really think properly about what I’d achieved and spurred me on to achieve more; so being able to do that for someone else was a real privilege.”
Sue, who runs support group Lifegeta to address the emotional effects of sudden disability, will also be opening the first UK Stroke Assembly, hosted by The Stroke Association, when it is held in Birmingham’s NEC on June 27 and June 28.