Striker to leave Stevenage after three years’ service
STRIKER Chris Beardsley will be leaving Stevenage after three years with the club.
Chairman Phil Wallace made the announcement today (Tuesday) that the 28-year-old forward will not be signing a new contract.
“Chris told us last week that it was time to be going elsewhere,” said Mr Wallace.
“He’s been a great servant to the club and we wish him well for the future.
“All of the out of contract players that we thought would go have now gone. We factored that in some months ago and spent that time lining up new lads, as we look to strengthen the squad for next season. The core of our group are still under contract and, although we have had offers in for some of that group, all have been refused.
You may also want to watch:
“Our focus is not on selling players - it’s on strengthening our side and finishing the job we started last year. We spent months identifying lads that we want to bring in and that is gradually taking shape behind the scenes.
“We made bids for a couple in the past week and we’re in advanced talks with several that are out of contract on 30 June. Traditionally nobody is in a rush in early June, but there are a lot of players out there and the momentum increases dramatically as June draws to a close.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit