Strictly Starlight, that’s the aim for walk team as they dance towards September date
- Credit: Archant
Organisers who are drumming up support for this year’s big Garden House Hospice fundraiser are taking steps to make sure everyone knows about September’s event.
After staging a surprise dance mob in Hitchin’s Market Place to help launch this year’s Starlight Walk, a similar spotlight session was held in Letchworth’s Leys Square.
Fundraisers supporting the Gillison Close hospice, which provides services for patients and their families across North Herts and Stevenage, recruited members of four local zumba classes for their ‘dance bomb’ date.
Robert Gifford and Maureen Dudley from Zumba Fitness led the fitness fans through the S Club 7 track Reach while crowds gathered to watch.
Community fundraiser Cathy White said: “We are so excited about this year’s walk and we want to raise as much awareness as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“This is one of the biggest events in our fundraising calendar and as the hospice marks 25 years of care this year, we are hoping that September’s event will be the biggest yet.
“Maureen and Robert and all the ladies from Zumba Fitness have been fantastic in helping us to do this.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
The walk will be held on the night of Friday, September 12, setting off from its usual start point at Letchworth’s North Herts Leisure Centre.
It’s open to both men and woman – visit www.ghhospice.co.uk or call 01462 679540. If you enter before the end of this month you can save £5 on the standard registration fee.
Supporters will also be stepping out to help the hospice this weekend, with a coach party taking part in Sunday’s annual Bridges Of London Walk.