Strength in Unity with Lister Hospital’s new lottery - and a chance to win £25,000
- Credit: Archant
Help support the work of your health service and hospitals, and you could win a £25,000 prize – that’s the attractive offer from a lottery set-up which is now linked to the East & North Herts Hospitals Charity.
The Unity Lottery system differs from other national lottery organisations in two important ways – you get to choose who benefits from your stake money and half of what you stake goes to good causes, compared to the 28 per cent allocated by the government’s Lotto scheme.
The East & North Herts Hospitals Charity – which raises funds for projects at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital – has teamed up with Sterling Lotteries to become part of the Unity sceheme, which pays out thousands of pounds in prizes every week and is already helping more than 250 charities raise money across the country.
Players can stake as little as £1 every week, and each stake gets them a unique six digit number. If your number comes up, you’re a winner – it’s as simple as that.
You could win £5, but the top prize is £25,000.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the Lister, the charity supports and enhances the care given at Mount Vernon, Hertford and the new QEII hospitals by investing in extra equipment, facilities and research.
Recent projects funded by the charity include the new children’s playroom at Stevenage, as well as a garden refurbishment at the Macmillan Cancer Centre also based on the Corey’s Mill Lane site.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Sterling Lotteries managing director Richard Dixon said: “We are really happy to welcome East & North Herts Hospitals Charity to Unity.
“It is a great charity that really helps a lot of local people and I hope that the lottery grows and grows and helps them carry on their good work.”
To find out more about the Unity Lottery or to sign up go to www.unitylottery.co.uk/charity/display/503 or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.