Stranger helps reunite devastated bride-to-be with engagement ring lost in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A bride-to-be who lost her diamond engagement ring in a car park is delighted after the actions of a kind-hearted woman led to her being reunited with it.
Hayley Cleaver was a passenger in a car when she decided to remove her ring and place it in her lap while she moisturised her hands.
Forgetting to replace the ring, she got out of the car at The Range on Monkswood Way in Stevenage last Monday and it fell onto the floor in the car park.
Unaware, Hayley, who got engaged in September, went shopping in The Range for items for her wedding later this year, before returning to her home in Dunstable.
Four hours later, Hayley realised she wasn’t wearing her ring, but had no idea where it had gone.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I was devastated. I thought I was never going to see it again. I searched my car, then managed to close the door, locking my keys and purse in the car.
“I called the store, hoping for a miracle, and it had been handed in.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
“It just shows there are good people in the world.”
The ring was actually found by a woman called Amy, who was out shopping with her young daughter, and she had handed it in to customer services at The Range.
She said: “I found it on the floor by my car. I’m so glad she got it back. I would have been heartbroken if it had been me. It’s a beautiful ring.”
Hayley said: “She made me cry with happiness after an horrendous day. I am so grateful there are some lovely, decent human beings like her on this earth. I will never forget it.”
Now Hayley can concentrate on preparing for her wedding, which will take place at Whittlebury Park in Northamptonshire in September.