Stotfold Twirlers win big in preparation for international competition
- Credit: Archant
Girls from the Stotfold Twirlers club have brought home more than 20 top-ten placings as they prepare for an international competition in two weeks.
The twirlers took part at the first Audrey O’Neill foundation cup in Crawley on Saturday, where first places and sashes were awarded to Grace Endersby, Amber Maving and Victoria Salisbury, with teams including Amber, Victoria and Mila Crook also placing first.
This comes ahead of a competition in Dublin where they will compete against teams from 17 different countries. All five girls are in teams, with Mila competing in the senior women’s freestyle category.
Coach and club leader Sonia Crook said: “The girls are doing extremely well at the moment and we are very proud of them.
“They have been working very hard in preparation for Dublin and they’re excited but nervous to take the floor at European level.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an honour to represent the country.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style