Stotfold Scouts’ annual fundraising boosted ahead of jumble sale by donation from Satchells estate agents
- Credit: Archant
Stotfold Scouts’ annual fundraising has got off to a flying start in the run-up to their jumble sale this weekend.
Kevin Duff, manager of the town’s branch of Satchells estate agents, has presented the scouts with £100 – and group scout chairman John McBurney has sold donated cards and a bag to raise another £20.
This Saturday’s jumble sale will see youngsters from both the town’s Wednesday and Friday scouts selling items they have made as part of an ‘apprentice challenge’ as they aim to beat last year’s total of £755.
John said: “We’re very optimistic. We’ve collected jumble for four months and have accumulated quite a stockpile.
“To have a successful jumble sale we need three things – lots of good quality jumble, lots of helpers on the day, and most importantly lots of footfall.
You may also want to watch:
“If the jumble sale is as popular as last year we may need to hire bouncers to work the doors!”
If you’d like to donate some jumble, you can drop it off at the Scout Hut on Saturday morning.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
The jumble sale is at the Scout Hut in Baldock Road from 2pm to 4pm – entry 50p. To find out more, give John a call on 07958 555536.