Stotfold motorcyclist, 20, dies after Baldock A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old motorcyclist has died after his bike collided with a van this morning, Thursday.
The crash, which involved a Yamaha YZFR6 motorbike and a silver Volkswagen Transporter, happened on the B656 Royston Road at the junction with the A507 Clothall Road in Baldock.
Police, ambulance crews and an air ambulance were called to the scene at about 7.45am and attended to the man, who is from Stotfold.
Ambulance officer Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident, said: “Prior to our arrival, the motorcyclist was being cared for members of the public who stopped to help at the crash. Paramedics found the man in a critical condition and following extensive treatment by land and air ambulance paramedics, the man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.”
No one else was injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while police recovered both vehicles and reopened at 11.10am.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact PC Andy Ralph in the via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 111 of July 17th.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn