Stotfold Mill to host Great Bake-Off
- Credit: Archant
Come down to Stotfold Watermill from 12.30 on Sunday to prove your culinary mettle in the third Great Stotfold Bake-Off.
Are your cakes the cream of the crop? Is your bread the business? Do you make a Victoria Sponge fit for a queen?
If you’ve been inspired by the efforts of Nancy Burtwhistle and co on the Great British Bake-Off, then come down to Stotfold Watermill from 12.30pm on Sunday to prove your culinary mettle in the third Great Stotfold Bake-Off. Entry to the mill and the contest is free and there are prizes for first, second and third places in each category.
Categories for over-16s are: traditional cakes, including sponges and fruit cakes; specialty or technical cakes; and hand or machine-made bread and patisserie.
There is also a category for under-16s, which will include bread, cupcake making and decorating, and traditional or tray bake cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Judging will close at 3.45pm and prizes will be given at 4:15. For those who wish to be judges there is a £1 entry fee.
Stotfold Watermill & Nature Reserve is a charity and run entirely by volunteers. All funds raised go towards its upkeep and towards the maintenance of the adjoining nature reserve. For more details see www.stotfoldmill.com.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed