Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and Country Show attracts thousands
- Credit: Archant
More than 7,500 people turned out for the 17th annual Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and Country Show at the weekend – but could this be the last one?
The restored watermill, which is run entirely by volunteers, is appealing to the community for help to continue the popular event as stalwart organisers prepare to take a step back.
Organiser Liz Elvin told the Comet: "It was an absolutely fantastic weekend, I think lots of people thoroughly enjoyed it.
"Some members of the events team have been doing this for 16 years and it's time for them to retire. It's a lot of work and takes a team to bring it together.
"Currently, we don't have anyone to replace them, and without the volunteers it's hard to continue.
You may also want to watch:
"The weekend proved that it's a fantastic weekend and people still want to come. We just need them to get involved.
"I think Stotfold still has great community spirit. We would love to have some people come help run an event."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
If you are interested in volunteering, contact the mill on 01462 734541.