Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and Country Show set for 17th year
- Credit: Archant
Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and Country Show is set to return this weekend, as well as a Live@TheMill event ton Friday.
The restored watermill, run solely by volunteers, is prepared to welcome thousands of visitors to its main event of the year.
Volunteer Pam Peacock said: "There aren't many historical places in our area run by the community for the community.
"We have one major event every year - the Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and Country Show, where thousands of people of all ages and many families come and have fun and help us raise money to keep the mill open.
"Money raised means the mill is free to enter and explore for the rest of the year."
You may also want to watch:
Live@TheMill will take place tomorrow from 7pm until 11.30pm, and the 17th Steam Fair and Country Show will open on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 5pm.
For tickets or more information, go to www.stotfoldmill.com.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years