Stotfold dancers shine in prestigious final!
- Credit: Archant
A group of talented Stotfold dancers performed in a prestigious grand final – wowing the crowds with a show-stopping performance!
Dancers from Gifford Dance Academy performed in the ‘That’s Showbiz’ competition – the largest group dance competition in the UK with more than seven thousand contestants entering from around 500 schools.
After winning though the semi-finals in Blackpool earlier in the year Gifford Dance Academy won the Adjudicator’s Choice Award at the Liverpool Echo Arena.
The group, set up by sisters Rebecca and Lucie Gifford two years ago has gone from strength-to-strength, with the sisterly principals also dancing in the show, alongside Lauren Brown, Maddie Hall-Law, Amber King, Lucy Mathieson and Gracie Wall.
Rebecca said: “It has been a wonderful experience dancing at such impressive venues and reaching the final, only to be chosen once again from hundreds of routines as the judge’s choice.
You may also want to watch:
“All the dancers can be very proud to have come so far after entering originally with simply the hope of dancing on a stage.
“Little did they realise how big and prestigious the stages they danced on would turn out to be as they qualified from round to round!”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
To learn more visit www.gifforddanceacademy.com.