Stotfold dancers shine in prestigious final!
- Credit: Archant
A group of talented Stotfold dancers performed in a prestigious grand final – wowing the crowds with a show-stopping performance!
Dancers from Gifford Dance Academy performed in the ‘That’s Showbiz’ competition – the largest group dance competition in the UK with more than seven thousand contestants entering from around 500 schools.
After winning though the semi-finals in Blackpool earlier in the year Gifford Dance Academy won the Adjudicator’s Choice Award at the Liverpool Echo Arena.
The group, set up by sisters Rebecca and Lucie Gifford two years ago has gone from strength-to-strength, with the sisterly principals also dancing in the show, alongside Lauren Brown, Maddie Hall-Law, Amber King, Lucy Mathieson and Gracie Wall.
Rebecca said: “It has been a wonderful experience dancing at such impressive venues and reaching the final, only to be chosen once again from hundreds of routines as the judge’s choice.
“All the dancers can be very proud to have come so far after entering originally with simply the hope of dancing on a stage.
“Little did they realise how big and prestigious the stages they danced on would turn out to be as they qualified from round to round!”
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 9 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
To learn more visit www.gifforddanceacademy.com.