Stotfold chip shop owner robbed and threatened with knife
- Credit: Archant
A CHIP shop was robbed last night (Thursday), with a man making off with money after threatening the owner with a knife.
A man entered the Charles and Co chip shop in Regent Street, Stotfold, demanding money and waving a knife and then went behind the counter and took bank notes from the till, before running off.
Detectives believe it may be linked to another suspicious incident in the town where a man appeared to be trying to get into the Ladbrokes bookmakers with a hood tied over his face.
The man is described as white, in his late teens, around 6ft tall, of slim build. He is described as wearing a dark blue or black anorak, navy trousers and black balaclava across his face.
DC Luke Moore would like to hear from anyone who saw this person hanging about in the town centre, saw any part of what has happened or has information which may help with the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
He can be contacted on 01234 275011. Those with information can also text direct to the force control room on 07786 200011 or phone independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed