Story time is Roald into reality as Stevenage kids celebrate author’s work
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff at a Stevenage nursery dressed up as their favourite Roald Dahl characters on Friday.
Busy Bees nursery paid tribute to some of the late author’s greatest books including Matilda, James and the Giant Peach, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Nursery manager Lisa Stevens said: “Story time is a very special part of nursery life, and the books of Roald Dahl have pride of place within our pre-school’s cosy book corners, and are a favourite with staff and children alike.”
Called Dahlicious Day, the event raised money for the Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity – the Whitehorse Lane nursery’s chosen charity for 2015.
It works to improve the lives of seriously ill kids by giving out grants, and helps families to meet children’s needs.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa added: “We look to help charities that are aligned with our thinking: that children deserve the best possible start in life.
“Our partnership with the Roald Dahl team has afforded some fantastic opportunities to reach out to our children and parents some wonderful activities and events for our children at our nurseries and within their local communities throughout the year.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
The nursery also raised money for Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning with a cake stall on the day.