Store gets a pat on the back
A SAINSBURY S store has been formally thanked by Herts Police for its public spirited actions following two serious road traffic incidents on the A1(M). Management and staff of the store in Corey s Mill, Stevenage, were presented with a certificate of com
A SAINSBURY'S store has been formally thanked by Herts Police for its public spirited actions following two serious road traffic incidents on the A1(M).
Management and staff of the store in Corey's Mill, Stevenage, were presented with a certificate of commendation from the assistant chief constable Simon Parr.
They were praised for providing water to motorists caught in huge tailbacks on June 19 and July 18. Water was also provided to emergency services personnel who were working at the incidents.
Road policing inspector Keith Tilley said: "Following serious or fatal road traffic collisions it is important that we carry out a thorough investigation to establish the cause.
You may also want to watch:
"We try and do this as quickly as possible and with minimum disruption to the public, however, inevitably, some people are delayed.
"Speaking to motorists who were delayed, they expressed their gratitude for the water provided by Sainsbury's, particularly on July 18 where temperatures were in excess of 30 degrees."
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
Store manager Mark Siggins said: "We take our responsibility to serve the community very seriously and we're pleased that we were able to offer practical help and support to the police .