Stondon residents meet for village plans
MORE than 250 Stondon villagers attended a consultation to give their views and opinions on future plans for the area.
The Planning for Real Day was held at Stondon Lower School to allow people to air their ideas on how the village could be improved.
It comes as preparation for the final village plan, expected to be issued in Spring of next year, which will identify residents’ views and wishes on the direction of the village.
Areas which were focused on included leisure facilities, employment, transport, crime, environment, health, housing, and facilities for younger and older residents.
“The event used a map of the village and hands on participation to help people put forward and prioritise their ideas on how it could be improved,” said steering group chairman Kevin Smith. “Over 1,000 comments and ideas were made and these will be used to develop a village plan questionnaire which will be issued to every Stondon resident and business later in 2011.”
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters got involved too, with a variety of activities on offer to entertain them.
There was also a design a logo competition, where children from both Stondon Lower School and Derwent Lower School entered.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash