Stolen brass items owner sought
A NUMBER of brass items believed to have been stolen were recovered in Hitchin on Friday, and an appeal is now under way to return them to their rightful owner.
Police recovered the items at a scrap metal merchant, and have reason to believe that they were stolen.
Dc Sam Casey said: “Brass is an expensive metal and one that we believed wouldn’t have just been thrown away.
“We believe these items have been stolen, however we’ve been unable to locate the owner in order to return them.
“They could have been taken from anywhere in Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire. I am hoping that by releasing photos of the items the owner will recognise them and contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man from Dunstable and a 50-year-old woman from Houghton Regis have been arrested on suspicion of theft and are currently on police bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information can call Dc Sam Casey via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'