Stolen Audi recovered in Shefford after car chase from A1(M)
- Credit: Archant
Officers last night recovered a stolen Audi in Shefford after a car chase from the A1(M), with police dogs called out during attempts to locate the driver.
Police said the black Audi, which had false number plates, had been reported stolen after a burglary in Enfield in May.
Road policing officers pursued it from the A1(M) over the border from Hertfordshire into Shefford in Bedfordshire, where it stopped.
The driver got out of the car and ran, prompting extensive police searches involving the dog unit. The driver is yet to be found.
A Herts police spokeswoman said the vehicle had been recovered, and that enquiries were continuing to trace the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'