Stoke City to bring strong squad to Stevenage for EFL Cup clash
- Credit: PA
Stevenage can expect to face some star Premier League names on Tuesday with Stoke City assistant boss Mark Bowen saying ‘we will go as strong as we can’ for the EFL Cup tie at the Lamex Stadium.
Stevenage enjoyed a 1-0 win away at Championship side Ipswich Town in the first round courtesy of Ben Kennedy’s effort.
That performance did not go unnoticed by last season’s EFL Cup semi-finalists and their manager Mark Hughes.
Ahead of the second round tie, Hughes’ number two Bowen told his club’s website: “We will go as strong as we can tomorrow because a red light has already been flagged up to us, in the last round Stevenage went away to Ipswich, played a very strong side and won the tie.
“We know it’s going to be a difficult tie especially at their place.
“We’re a bit thin at the moment and have one or two injuries as well so we haven’t got a lot of options so the full squad that was considered for last Saturday’s game [a 4-1 Premier League home loss to Manchester City] will be travelling to Stevenage.”
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage