Still time to make a pitch for Hitchin festival stalls
- Credit: Archant
North Hertfordshire’s largest free festival returns next month with organisers revealing there are a few spaces left for stallholders who would like to pitch up at the event.
This year’s Walsworth Festival will be held on Sunday, May 18, on Walsworth Common and at St Faith’s Church in Woolgrove Road, Hitchin.
The festival, founded by St Faith’s Church, has been held for the past 40 years.
Organising committee member Alan Millard, who is a district councillor for the Hitchin Walsworth ward, said: “Whatever the weather we are hoping that it is going to be a great event and that it will draw in the crowds.
“Walsworth Festival is a real family and community event and we hope that people will come along and enjoy the entertainment and the stalls.”
You may also want to watch:
Attractions for this year include ferret racing, vintage cars and the Letchworth Morris Men, as well as music and dance acts, a mini funfair, and numerous stalls and games.
The popular scout train, a Punch and Judy show and a magician will also be entertaining the crowds, while a wide variety of refreshments will be available.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
The festival will run from 11am until 4pm on Walsworth Common and will be opened by the chairman of North Herts District Council Jane Gray.
St Faith’s Church opens at 1pm, and will play host to performances of music and dance from schools and groups.
For more information about setting up a stall and the event in general contact Mr Millard on 01462 623740.