Stevenage woods cordoned off after teenage girl sexually assaulted
- Credit: Archant
A public appeal has been launched after a 17-year-old girl was sexually assaulted in a Stevenage woods last night.
The girl was sexually assaulted in Monk’s Wood, off the A602 Monkswood Way and Broadhall Way, at around 8.20pm.
Police officers were on the scene in a matter of minutes and cordoned off the area, which is being examined by forensics.
The incident is being treated as a ‘serious sexual assault’, with Detective Inspector Jason Keane saying: “We would like speak to anyone who was in Monk’s Wood, between 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday evening.
“Any information you give us may be vital to the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101, quoting crime reference E1/17/1769.
It is the second reported sexual assault in Monk’s Wood in the past 12 months, after an incident in April 2016.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire