Stevenage woods cordoned off after teenage girl sexually assaulted
- Credit: Archant
A public appeal has been launched after a 17-year-old girl was sexually assaulted in a Stevenage woods last night.
The girl was sexually assaulted in Monk’s Wood, off the A602 Monkswood Way and Broadhall Way, at around 8.20pm.
Police officers were on the scene in a matter of minutes and cordoned off the area, which is being examined by forensics.
The incident is being treated as a ‘serious sexual assault’, with Detective Inspector Jason Keane saying: “We would like speak to anyone who was in Monk’s Wood, between 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday evening.
“Any information you give us may be vital to the investigation.”
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101, quoting crime reference E1/17/1769.
It is the second reported sexual assault in Monk’s Wood in the past 12 months, after an incident in April 2016.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 3 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 7 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas