Stevenage woman to appear on The Voice
- Credit: BBC/Wall to Wall
A shoe designer is to appear on BBC reality show The Voice tonight (Saturday).
Milly J (real name Emily Jupp), 31, of Jessop Road, Stevenage, will appear on television after auditioning last year.
Her husband, Mark Eastwood, had never heard her sing before the audition but it was a real-life tragedy that inspired her to perform.
She said: “My husband was pretty surpised, that’s for sure.
“The last time I sang was at the funeral of my brother, Dan, and I hadn’t been near a stage since. He was an artist and has always been my utmost inspiration. I always feel a certain connection to him when I sing.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very nervous when I first got up on stage but then the adrenaline kicked in and it all just felt so exhilarating.”
Milly performed a version of Summertime by classical composer George Gershwin.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
She also presented judge Kylie Minogue with a specially-designed pair of shoes.
“She has a song called Chocolate so I designed them to look like they were covered in just that. She was gobsmacked.”
Milly will appear on The Voice tonight from 7.10pm on BBC1.