Stevenage woman to appear on The Voice
- Credit: BBC/Wall to Wall
A shoe designer is to appear on BBC reality show The Voice tonight (Saturday).
Milly J (real name Emily Jupp), 31, of Jessop Road, Stevenage, will appear on television after auditioning last year.
Her husband, Mark Eastwood, had never heard her sing before the audition but it was a real-life tragedy that inspired her to perform.
She said: “My husband was pretty surpised, that’s for sure.
“The last time I sang was at the funeral of my brother, Dan, and I hadn’t been near a stage since. He was an artist and has always been my utmost inspiration. I always feel a certain connection to him when I sing.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very nervous when I first got up on stage but then the adrenaline kicked in and it all just felt so exhilarating.”
Milly performed a version of Summertime by classical composer George Gershwin.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
She also presented judge Kylie Minogue with a specially-designed pair of shoes.
“She has a song called Chocolate so I designed them to look like they were covered in just that. She was gobsmacked.”
Milly will appear on The Voice tonight from 7.10pm on BBC1.