Stevenage woman set to trek Everest
- Credit: Archant
A woman is set to undergo her biggest challenge yet for charity.
Stacey Hollingsworth, of Stevenage, will climb to Mt Everest’s Base Camp – 5,364m off the ground.
Raising money for Whizz Kids, a charity supporting disabled children, Stacey hopes to raise £5,000.
She said: “I have run marathons and half marathons before but have never undertaken a challenge quite as big as this. This is definitely pushing the boundary a bit compared to what I have done before.
“I’ve always been a very active person and I just think that if there’s a way that I can use that to help others then there’s no excuse not to.”
You may also want to watch:
Stacey, who works for Tesco, was first motivated to support the charity after finding out about them when they were chosen as the supermarket’s charity of the year.
“I started to meet the kids and the families and running the marathon, they are all around and you can see how much it means to them.”
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
She has so far raised just over £1,000. She leaves on October 12 and plans to return by the end of the month. Visit http://www.justgiving.com/StaceysTrekToEBC to donate to Stacey’s funds.