Stevenage woman set to trek Everest
- Credit: Archant
A woman is set to undergo her biggest challenge yet for charity.
Stacey Hollingsworth, of Stevenage, will climb to Mt Everest’s Base Camp – 5,364m off the ground.
Raising money for Whizz Kids, a charity supporting disabled children, Stacey hopes to raise £5,000.
She said: “I have run marathons and half marathons before but have never undertaken a challenge quite as big as this. This is definitely pushing the boundary a bit compared to what I have done before.
“I’ve always been a very active person and I just think that if there’s a way that I can use that to help others then there’s no excuse not to.”
Stacey, who works for Tesco, was first motivated to support the charity after finding out about them when they were chosen as the supermarket’s charity of the year.
“I started to meet the kids and the families and running the marathon, they are all around and you can see how much it means to them.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 7 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 8 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 9 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
She has so far raised just over £1,000. She leaves on October 12 and plans to return by the end of the month. Visit http://www.justgiving.com/StaceysTrekToEBC to donate to Stacey’s funds.