Stevenage woman’s window painting ‘reflects the real meaning of Christmas’
- Credit: Archant
A former primary school teacher says she is keeping the true spirit of Christmas alive by painting an annual nativity scene on the outside of her bay window.
Adele Jackson first started the tradition about 20 years ago at her home in Franklins Road, Stevenage, and always incorporates local themes and neighbourhood events.
This year the painting includes the face of new born baby Zane after a neighbour gave birth to him at the weekend.
The effort took three evenings to complete and was finished on Monday night by the 57-year-old, who used to teach at Stevenage primary school St Margaret Clitherow and Heath Mount in Watton-at-Stone.
Adele, who was lived in the street for the past 40 years, said this week: “We got a bay window facing the road and as we have a crib on the inside I thought I would paint the outside for others to enjoy – to reflect the real meaning of Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“Every year people say how much they enjoy seeing it and some knock on my door to thank me, which is very sweet.
“I’ve even had some ask where I got my stencils from so had to tell them it’s all hand painted!”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
Adele’s sister Rosanna added: “She’s always been quite arty and had an incredible talent.
“The painting gives a lot of joy to passers by – some even bring their children to see it.”